2012년 4월 17일 화요일

Melissa's Blog #1

In what way would you like to improve as a teacher? How do you think this course will help you to improve?


I would like to challenge myself to incorporate new ideas into the pool curriculum. I have been at this job for two years and I'm getting bored with my teaching strategies. For the first year, I kept things very simple and then this year I added some new elements that made it a bit more interesting to teach. It's still a little monotonous because I teach the same sport to every single class in the school, but next year I'd really like to try a new approach. I have lost my teaching mind since starting this job because I don't collaborate with teachers very much anymore. I think this course will help me think about how to teach swimming in different ways. Even if I don't incorporate technology directly into my teaching, I hope that I can get some ideas from other teachers that will allow me to think of ways the students can take more direct control of their learning. The most relevant technology strategy I'd like to learn is how to create and maintain a teaching website. 

댓글 2개:

  1. I think the idea of a teaching website would be awesome. It could even be a way to communicate with some of coaches who work with the kids after school so as to coordinate workouts or what the students have been working on.

    답글삭제
  2. My first thought is to use a Flip camera to video tape technique and/or to show proper technique. You could show side by side comparisons with good models or even videos of Olympic swimmers on YouTube. Flip cameras are super simple to use and to produce videos with little technology background. Search for one on amazon.com.

    답글삭제